Friday, January 1, 2010

Why am I down?

Listening to "Starting All Over" by Jeremih

I felt really good today. I rang in the New Year with friends and my church family by praising the Lord. I felt very good about this and I saw some of my prayers answered within the hour! God is soooo good! I feel like this year will be filled with blessings! Now, I know blessings come with trials, but I'm claiming by faith that I will make it through my storms and tests quickly and pleasing to God. I'm so excited about what God will do with me this year! Thank you Jesus in advance!

After church we went to go eat at Denny's, and my friend paid for me (Thank you!). I was so happy because I had rang in the New Year by fasting with my church, so believe me when I say I was hungry! LOL My friends and I joked and laughed till it was about bedtime (I'm spending the night over my bff's house) and now I guess I feel... down.

Why? Well, my bff and I were going over some of the things that bothered us with the men in our life, or some of the men that used to be in our lives. I was really thinking about this guy in my church that I like. I felt like I had got a word from God that he was my future husband, but I don't know, I could be wrong.

But the thing is... I don't want to be wrong. I want it to be him. I can't say I know him that well, but I would like to... I see him with this other girl often and I don't know if he likes her or not, but it seems like they flirt though. Actually, I don't know that for sure, but like I said it seems like it. But the question is...

Why do I care this early in the game? We are not talking like that, so I should really chill... but I can't. I really pray that God eases this off my heart and shows me if he really is the one for me. Even still, if he does date this other girl, that doesn't mean that he won't still end up with me one day. I guess I'm being impatient more than anything... That sucks because sometimes we as Christians want things so soon and little do we know we aren't hardly ready for it at the time. So I'm gonna listen to my little love song for tonight and resolve to try and let this thing go. God's time is the best time and His will will be done, whether it be what I wanted or not. Only time will tell.

I love ya.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really feeling this post miss lady. Just thought I should let you know someone else is feeling the same way so stay encouraged! You're not alone and I believe God will work it out. Everything works out for the good of those that love the Lord : )

Aery said...

Thank you for this! I have been feeling really encouraged about this because I realized that I have no control and whatever will be, will be, so no point in trippin. I'm just enjoying my church and my growing spiritual walk, so I won't complain. If this person is in my future, then I will deal with it when it comes along. :D